Monday, December 3, 2012

Student Interview


My interview was conducted on a student by the name of Bianca, a full time student at Arizona Western College. She is currently pursuing a degree in Psychiatry and hopes to transfer to the University of Arizona. Before I conducted the interview I noticed she was already using her phone and laptop. She would take brief pauses between each question to check her phone for the time and to reply to texts. I kept track of all the times she used her phone and at the end of the interview I counted a total of 15 times. The interview was pretty simple and straight forward. When asked how she thought technology helped her with everyday tasks as a college student, she replied "It just makes everything a lot easier". When asked how she thought technology harmed her as a student she replied, "well with everything being easier in the hands of technology, I feel as though that also makes you dumb, or less educated". Bianca uses technology in many different ways, from communicating with friends, to using the calculator on her phone, even for shopping and everyday relaxation. "I do feel however that in using technology everyday, it makes me a bit anti-social and lazy. I never have to leave the house for much at all". 

No comments:

Post a Comment